Produce in the Park is excited to kick off the farmers market season on June 4.
Recognizing the changes needed for a successful market season in 2020, Produce in the Park’s theme for 2020 is “Romaine Calm and Carrot On.” The market is introducing a number of changes to keep customers and vendors safe, and to comply with the Governor’s requirements for farmers markets this season.
Iowa Governor’s farmers market proclamation summary from the Iowa Department of Ag and Land Stewardship:
1. Musical performances, children’s activities, contests and other entertainment or organized activities are prohibited.
2. Common seating areas, picnic tables or dining areas are prohibited.
3. There must be at least six feet between vendors’ booths.
4. Customers and vendors must follow social distancing, hygiene and public health guidelines.
Produce in the Park is requesting customers’ patience and support in keeping the market as safe as possible for all customers and vendors.
• If you are ill or have been in the past three days, PLEASE DO NOT attend the market.
• Masks are strongly encouraged.
• Only 1 person per household should attend the market.
• Please maintain a distance of six feet between yourself and all other people at the market.
• Please do your best to make arrangements for children under the age of 16.
• No pets (service animals exempt).
• You will not be able to handle products. Please maintain 6 foot distance from vendors & other customers, and point to what item you would like. The vendor will select and bag for you.
New Online Pre-Orders with Drive-Through Pick-Up:For the first time, Produce in the Park is offering an Online Pre-Order system with drive-through pick-up from 3:30 – 6 p.m.
The online ordering system will officially open for orders on Sunday, May 31 and can be found at www.produceintheparkatlanticiowa.com or by visiting @ProduceInThePark on Facebook. Produce in the Park is following other markets around the state in implementing this option, and feedback from other markets has been very positive. Market managers across the state have shared that customers are asking for the service to continue even after COVID-19.
“We are really excited to offer this safe, convenient service to market customers during a time when physical distancing is important for everyone’s health,” commented Market Manager Brigham Hoegh.
New Market Set Up:In order to keep customers and vendors safely distanced, Produce in the Park is rearranging vendors such that all vendors will be set up along 6th Street between Poplar and Chestnut. Pre-order drive-through customers will enter the market from Poplar Street, and walk-up customers are asked to park along the East side of the park on Chestnut street.
Updated Market Days and Hours:
•Produce in the Park is open Thursdays from 4:30-6:30 PM in the Atlantic City Park, 10 W 7th Street. From June 4 through September 24.
•This year, pre-market drive-up shopping is available for at-risk customers from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. During this hour, customers at high risk of COVID-19, who are unable to shop online, can drive through the market and pay with cash or check without leaving their vehicles. This service will be offered first come first served.
Thank you to the community for understanding, and support. Thank you to 2020 sponsors 1st Whitney Bank and Trust, Cass County Health System, Deter Motors, Cass County Tourism, Atlantic Community Promotion Commission, the Atlantic Area Chamber of Commerce, and Lindeman Tractor.
Here’s to a safe and successful farmers market season at Produce in the Park!