* Carter Cox, Cumberland wrestling: The 125-pound Phoenix senior turned in a 5-2 victory over Southeastern's Edward Barrett in leading his team to a 19-15 win last week in Lebanon, Tenn.
Cox, ranked in the top 10 in the NAIA, is a 2016 Atlantic graduate who finished as runner-up his senior year.
* Garrett Franken, Dordt men's basketball: The Defenders' senior was instrumental in a 94-83 win over Mount Marty Saturday in Sioux Center. He scored 27 points (10-of-16 shooting) and grabbed 12 rebounds in the victory.
In a 92-76 win earlier in the week over Dakota State, Franken had 18 points and eight assists.
Franken, a 2017 Atlantic grdaute, leads the team in points per game with 16.5 and has been shooting 50.9% from the field. His 132 rebounds is also a team high.
* Ryan Hawkins, Northwest Missouri State men's basketball: After the Bearcats were shocked by Washburn, 84-82 in overtime, on Thursday, Hawkins and his team came back to down Emporia State 92-71 Saturday at Bearcat Arena in Maryville, Mo.
Hawkins, a senior, had 17 points on 55.6% shooting from the field, with three of his field goals being three-pointers; he is now fourth all-time at Northwest Missouri State in three-point shooting. The 2016 Atlantic graduate added eight rebounds.
In the loss to Wahsburn, Hawkins was held to five points.
* John McConkey, UNI wrestling: After dropping a 13-6 decision in his dual match against South Dakota State, the Panther redshirt sophomore came back to win two exhibition matches on the afternoon to make his record 1-1 in Sunday's season-opening triangular at Brookings, S.D.
The Panthers defeated the Jackrabbits 28-13 in the season-opening dual, before beating a 27-11 win over the Bison. In the extra match against SDSU, he defeated Spencer Trenary 11-5.
McConkey is a 2018 Atlantic graduate who won a state championship his senior year.
* Sophia Peppers, Morningside women's basketball: The Mustang junior had 12 points, three steals and three assists in an 86-50 win Saturday over Hastings (S.D.) in Sioux City.
Peppers had 10 points in a road win against Doane (Neb.) earlier in the week. She is a 2018 Exira-EHK graduate who averages 16.7 ppg and 7.4 rebounds per contest.