• Atlantic tankers beaten by NCMP: Atlantic got a pair of wins from Anna Lowary and went 1-2 in the 400-meter freestyle and 100-meter backstroke, but it wasn’t enough as the Trojans were defeated by the NCMP Cooperative swimming team — Newton, Colfax-Mingo and PCM of Monroe — Thursday night at the Newton YMCA, 103-66.
Lowary took first in the 200-meter individual medley (2:36.61) and 100-meter backstroke (1:14.85), with Kate Landhuis taking second in the latter event with a time of 1:20.51. Alexes Reynolds and Bryer Rose swept the top two places of the 400-meter freestyle, with winning and runner-up times of 5:05.45 and 5:06.35, respectively.
The 400-meter freestyle relay was the only other winner, with Clare Christensen and Aleah Hermansen teaming with Reynolds and Lowary to win in 4:19.97, five seconds ahead of the Aquagirls.
The Trojans will be in action Thursday at the Southeast Polk Invitational.
NCMP Coop 103, Atlantic 66
Thursday, Oct. 3, at Newton YMCA
200 medley relay: 4. Atlantic (Kate Landhuis, Paige Daly, Ava Bruckner, Dazia Sorensen) 2:33.05. 200 freestyle: 2. Alexes Reynolds 2:21.45, 4. Bryer Rose 2:25.79. 200 individual medley: 1. Anna Lowary 2:36.61, 5. Daly 3:02.20. 50 freestyle: 2. Clare Christensen 29.30, 4. Aleah Hermansen 29.98, 6. Landhuis 31.28. 100 butterfly: 2. Christensen 1:11.84, 4. Bruckner 1:20.41. 100 freestyle: 2. Hermansen 1:05.18, 5. Sorensen 1:25.11. 400 freestyle: 1. Reynolds 5:05.45, 2. Rose 5:06.35. 200 freestyle relay: 2. Atlantic A (Christenen, Lowary, Landhuis, Hermansen) 1:56.57, 4. Atlantic B (Bruckner, Sorensen, Reynolds, Rose) 2:10.93. 100 backstroke: 1. Lowary 1:14.85, 2. Landhuis 1:20.51. 100 breaststroke: 4. Daly 1:44.52. 400 freestyle relay: 1. Atlantic (Christensen, Reynolds, Lowary, Hermansen) 4:19.97.
• AHSTW gets 5-set win: AHSTW broke a two-game Western Iowa Conference skid with a five-set victory over IKM-Manning Thursday night in Manning. Except for the second set, which the host Lady Wolves won 25-18, all sets were fairly to very tight: 25-22, 18-25, 25-21, 23-25, 15-13.
Kinsey Scheffler had 24 kills to extend her record-breaking season and career records, while Kailey Jones and Natalie Hagadon each pounded out 10. Ally Myers had 28 assists and three girls were in double figures for digs, with homecoming queen Paige Osweiler leading with 23 and Baylee Meyers and Scheffler each adding 12.
• Griswold falls in 3rd place Corner game: Griswold fell to Stanton in a tightly contested consolation contest of the Corner Conference Tournament in three sets, 26-24, 25-20, 25-22.
Partial statistics from the game showed that Lydia Greiman had three aces, while Jocelyn Amos and Kalainee Teaney each had seven kills. Lydia Greiman and Haylee Pennock split the setting duties with 10 and 8 assists respectively.
Anna Kelly led the defense with 9 digs while Mikala Pelzer and Loryn Peterson each had 8 digs.
• CAM loses in straight sets: Coon Rapids-Bayard kept CAM winless in the Rolling Valley Conference with a sweep, 25-15, 27-25, 25-18.
Mady McKee led the way with eight kills and two aces, while Allison Spieker had five kills and 10 digs. Jozie Lett added five kills, while Taylor Bower had 17 assists.
• Tri-Center too much for Riverside: In a Western Iowa Conference meet Thursday night, Riverside lost in straight sets to Tri-Center, 25-18, 25-18, 25-17.
Izzy Bluml had nine kills and delivered three ace serves Veronica Andrushyshyn had eight kills while Kenna Ford delivered 20 assists. Gracie Bluml had 12 digs.